PACKING/UNPACKING...that is enough to make you never want to move again! Bye...little 710 sq ft. apt. You've been good to us. Can you believe I cried when I left it?
We...(I should say Chad, Brandon and Tom) ripped out a pony wall in order to open up the front room and dining room. Ripping walls out after having the keys for less than 5 hours...that's how we roll around here:)
The final product really opened things up. Thanks Chad for all your help! We thought this was going to be a simple project, but long story short, we ended up replacing the hardwood and having to live on floor boards and tar paper for a little over a week.
Here's a shot of the tar paper. We baby gated this part off from Seth.
I have to say, even though we weren't planning on replacing the floors, I sure do like the end product.
It has been a nightmare choosing colors to go on our walls. Brandon and I have conflicting taste in this dept. We have used more paint samples than should ever be allowed. We finally settled on a yellow and beige...mostly because we were tired of priming and painting. All painting was done between the hours of 9pm and 2am while Seth was asleep. Whew!
Breakfast in the dining nook because of all the work in the dining room. We sure love this dining nook.
12 comments:
Congrats on the new place! That is so exciting. I remember when we bought our first place, the first thing to go was the carpet downstairs and also replaced it with hardwood. I can't wait to visit sometime. I bet the Ericksons miss you not being just a few steps away though. Wish we could have been there to help! Best of Luck! Miss ya!
To answer Jenese...yes we do miss them being so close! We still hang out though and have a good time. You need handy Chad.
I cant belive you moved away from the Erickson's. And you don't want Chad to help you or your house would be mess.
Nice house!!! I love it! I cried after Curtis Hall ripped my carpet up and we found ants...I was ready to "return" the house!!! Congrats!!
this is awesome Jenika! I like the dinning area a lot!
Your house is beautiful!! How awesome for you guys! I'm glad you have a blog, we can totally keep up with each other a lot better! Your little guy is so cute! Thanks for your comment! Hope you have a great christmas!
Congrats on the new house! It is so cute. I feel your pain on moving. It is enough to keep us in our little house for quite awhile. I love the photos of the little guy. Merry Christmas!
What a beautiful house! I love the inside and out! It's making me really want to get out of this apartment! Congrats!
Can't wait to come see your place! Sorry about the No Show on Monday! Just ask Britt, we suck in that area!... but have good reason!!!!
Anyhow, hope things are going smooth! You're such a sweetheart!!! Just love ya to pieces!!! :) Love Nat :)
we'd love to come and visit. looks like such fun to have your very own house. smiles!! & congrats!!
Your place looks lovely! Congrats!
Your new house is so nice! I love it how ya'll got rid of the wall to open up the floor plan more. I also love the paint color you decided on. We can't wait to see it in person!
Post a Comment