Sunday, February 21, 2010

The abridged version


I am just documenting the fun things we have done lately. We have had so many great memories that haven't made our blog, mostly because I've been using my free time time to get things done for baby girl to arrive. I love that Seth totally gets it. He frequently asks when she is going to be here, if she is hungry or tired. He tells me that certain toys are for her and will point out her room. Today, in church he leaned over to me and said "I'm a big brother" and he patted my stomach. He gets it...and yet his/our world is about to be rocked for a while as we adjust to new baby and a less mobile mom. Hopefully the adjustment goes quickly. Leading up to her birth we have tried to do as many fun things as we can. In fact, Brandon is out on a bike ride with Seth right now:)

We have been having FHE's regularly for a while now and it is a highlight of Seth's week. That is probably because we spend part of the morning making the dessert together. The lesson lasts all of two minutes then we play and have our treat. This time we made cookies and turned them into ice cream sandwiches.

Seth's favorite movie is Ratatouille and he loves playing chef. He helps me cook as often as I'll let him. The little whisk has been deemed his because it is "little like Seth!"

Another FHE was spent bowling. Yes...a 9 month pregnant woman can bowl!! In fact, I whomped Brandon and just edged out Chad. Brittany took home the title of bowling champ that day though.
Even Seth and Paige nearly beat Brandon. Sorry to rat you out babe, but your game could use some improving:)

Britt and I were thrown a double shower celebrating a little girl and boy. It was really fun to open presents together and socialize with friends. It is so nice to feel everyone's support and love as you embark on something new and crazy!

Killing time jumping on cushions.

Seth has become quite the painter. He loves painting what he calls "ovals." He takes such great care to connect the lines.
His fire hat is now his pirate hat. He is using his imagination so much these days. We frequently hear the phrase "arrr 'maties" in our house. He had to wear it for dinner this night.

Yes, be jealous. We went swimming in February. We are so thankful to be able to poach on our old apt. complex through the Ericksons and swim. It made for a great day and Seth said for days: "that was so super very fun mom"


We made heart pancakes and valentines for our friends.

This past weekend we had a bonfire with our friends. This is on of my favorite things to do as a group. Despite it being cold, we roasted "smarshmallos" (according to Paige) and ate hotdogs.


This is our belly shot. We are ready for baby girl! We have had fun leading up to her birth and can't wait for her to join us.





9 comments:

Reeve family said...

I LOVED this post! You guys have been having a great time! Seth is talking so well...loved Book of Mormon stories! When is baby girl Davis due?

Breanne said...

What a lucky boy Seth is to have you as a mama - doing so many great things with him. That's awesome. He is such a smart boy (Paul and I commented on Seth's talking and smarts after we met him).

Best of wishes for the delivery of Baby Girl Davis! We'll be thinking of you!

Jessica said...

What fun you have been having. And yes, he is a lucky boy. And it's so sweet that he is excited for his sister. He really looks like a happy little guy. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new baby girl.

Alison said...

What a cute little boy! I love the singing complete with all the actions no less. :)
Good luck with everything for the new little one.

Carol and Dad said...

LOVED B of M Stories! We played it three times in a row. Seth is so adorable and, of course, musically inclined :)

Anonymous said...

Great post! love the song, but was that english? hahaha, just kidding, I heard a few words that sounded like German though, haha!

Glad to hear you're feeling ready finally, now bring on the baby!

Annalisa said...

the video is dang cute. i'm impressed that he knows it and even some actions that's great.

seems like you're doing alot. hope baby girl comes soon for you.

its great you're spending lots of time with seth. indeed, transition for linc was a bit crazy. but at the hospital linc got 'a gift' (pjs, race car, notepad) from hari so it was an easy meeting.

smiles!

Caitlyn said...

So great to see all the fun things you've been up to. Seth seems all set to be a big brother. It always takes a little bit of transition. Probably more for the moms.
I remember one night when Lillian was like 2 weeks old and Jared had already moved down to start his job. I just held Jocelyn and cried telling her I was sorry I couldn't spend as much time with her anymore (we were both crying and tired), and then after putting her down, crying and holding the baby telling her I was sorry I couldn't devote as much time to her as I had my first. But, of course, having each other as sisters is the best thing we could have done for them...

Carleton & Robyn said...

You make the prettiest pregnant girl (I just look swollen). I love the pics. I had to look twice at one pic of Seth because Apollo has the same outfit (the one where he looks like Superman). How fun that he is so interested in the baby. They'll be good friends.