Friday, June 8, 2012

Overdue for a post


I have been overdue for a post for a long time.  We have been going full steam ahead for months now.  Here is what we have been up to, mostly through pictures.  We visited some of our best friends in Virginia and even made a side trip out to DC!.  How I wish they lived closer, but I am happy to know that despite 3000 miles we still are great friends.  The kids are fantastic buddies as well.  What used to be two is now four.  Carson and Emery hardly knew each other when they moved, but from our trip, skype, and packages sent back and forth, they know and talk about each other frequently.  Paige is Emery's idol, I'm pretty sure.  Anytime she thinks she look cute she says, "I look like Paige!"  Seth was content to let us leave him in Virginia when we left, but alas, he made it safely back to California.  





WWII Memorial

Lincoln Memorial steps

Picnic by Lincoln Memorial



Plane ride
The new Gov. and First Lady of Williamsburg in front of the Governor's Mansion

Cute little bums!

Rita's shaved ice/custard thingys!  I crave them still.  Don't they have one in CA?




Chad's birthday with the best cupcakes EVER--sorry sprinkles and vanilla bean!  

They never had their own chair.


2 comments:

Annalisa said...

what a great trip. love the update. they are getting to be such independent children...love it.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Love the update! I also love the coral shirt you're wearing...we're doing family pics and I think that's going to be one of the POPS of color!You guys really look great.